**sidenote/update: I got my car back on Wednesday (*does the butterfly and cabbage patch simultaneously*) but anyway ..
I have been working on setting new goals for myself for the rest of the year. It has been increasingly difficult for me to do this with all the recent financial set-backs (having to pay for school out of pocket then the debacle with my car). These financial set-backs greatly affect the plan that I had for the rest of 2018.
I had a plan, that plan has to change. I am not the best with change. I like plans. I like to know what’s going on, so I can be prepared.
While I was on sabbatical, I realized that I had all these small things that I want to change about my day to day life and I have been slowly but surely making those changes.
I know generally what I want my life to look like in the future, but I haven’t yet been successful at ironing it out. I have probably said this before, but this part is hard.
So what I have come up with thus far:
- Graduation is still my MAIN goal for 2018 (this will not change)
- I am registered for 2 classes over the summer. I know what 4 classes I am going to take in the fall and apparently, when I register for my fall classes in a few weeks I have to apply for graduation as well. THAT IS NUTS! Ahhhhh! I have also, started planning a graduation party. Yasssssss!
- Paying off Debt
- The debacle with my car has lit a fire under me. I want out of all debt.
- I need better routines
- Routines are the basis for a successful life. I am working on making better routines not only for my personal life, but for this blog and for work.
- Bougie and the Budget
- I am soooo excited about the launch of this platform. I have been thinking about it night and day. This is my game changer. This is how I am going to help my peers, and hopefully motivate people to be better.
- I want more companionship in my life. I want to spend more time with people I enjoy being around. I have a Dallas trip planned for June and I am going to Essence in July. This blog is also adding enjoyment and fulfillment to my life, I have wanted this for so long!
I have determined that the key to being who I want to be is constantly working at it. I am committed to this process. I have made a lot of progress by seriously working on myself. This is the most rewarding work I have ever done. I am excited.
What are you working on?